LOGAN, Utah–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Announcing iFit Coach®, the first ever mobile smart coach to connect, monitor and dynamically adjust four key pillars of fitness: exercise, nutrition, activity and sleep. The mobile experience links consumers with the expertise of personal trainers, registered dietitians and sleep coaches to provide a customized daily plan, and is available now.
Announcing iFit Coach®, The First Smart Health Hub for Personalized Exercise, Nutrition, Activity and Sleep
iFit Coach is the first ever service to update and adjust recommendations throughout the day, based on real-time analysis of what the consumer is actually eating, if they are exercising or not, and how they are sleeping.
“iFit Coach is not a wearable, it’s not an app – it’s a new, daily mobile experience for optimum health,” said Mark Watterson, Director of iFit. “The consumer gets 12 months of coaching in four health categories and the iFit Vue Wearable when they join. That’s what makes iFit Coach so different, useful, and appealing. Yes, we track your activity, but also exercise, nutrition and sleep, every day, in real time, and transform those stats into a coaching plan just for you.”For example, Watterson said each morning’s exercise workout is paired with daily calorie targets to achieve the consumer’s fitness results. If a consumer slacks on the exercise recommendations, then by late afternoon, iFit Coach updates, and lowers, that day’s calorie targets for dinner to compensate when weight loss is the goal.
“Recent research shows weight loss is so much more than steps. In the study, those who used an activity tracker had a tendency to overeat, even when they met their steps goals. iFit Coach guides the consumer ‘what to do next’ to achieve a fitness goal, and shifts the emphasis away from simple tracking,” Watterson said.
How It Works:
Members select goals and provide profile data, and iFit Coach automatically monitors their progress. Most fitness plans give advice on only one aspect of your life. iFit Coach creates a smart health hub, factoring in goals and what a consumer does every day, to provide personalized recommendations.
- Consumers choose a fitness goal — Lose Weight, Tone & Sculpt, Build Muscle or Maintain.
- Consumers select a workout time — 10-20, 20-30, 30-40 or 40+ minutes.
- Unique to iFit Coach — custom daily workouts using equipment the consumer has specified they have at home, such as kettlebells, dumbbells, medicine balls and more. “No equipment” is also an option if a consumer just wants a bodyweight-based workout.
- iFit Coach provides workouts and connects to smart fitness equipment such as treadmills, ellipticals and incline trainers from premier brands like NordicTrack, ProForm, FreeMotion Fitness and Gold’s Gym.
- The exercise stats collected by your wearable connect to the iFit Coach app and your iFit powered equipment. So after a treadmill run, the calories you burned will show up on your wearable and the app.
- Consumers can manually log a whole range of exercises, from walking to swimming, biking, skiing and more.
- Consumers receive calorie intake targets based on their individual answers to their overall goals and exercise time. More than 6,000 items in the iFit Coach nutrition database make it simple for consumers to log their calorie intake.
- iFit Coach provides goals and recipes from Registered Dietitians for 5 meals each day: breakfast, morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack and dinner.
- iFit Coach provides two new cooking videos each day, a breakfast and dinner recipe. Videos show all of the steps necessary and are less than two minutes for quick viewing.
- iFit Coach has more than 550 total recipes. Highlights include paleo, vegan and vegetarian recipes, gluten-free recipes, recipes prepared in under 30 minutes and specific recipes for slow cookers.
- iFit Coach provides the ability to sort by meal type, allergies, cuisine, season, calorie level, preparation time and more.
- Expert recommendations for iFit Coach members include daily steps in the Activity category, as measured by the iFit Vue wearable included in the membership. iFit gives consumers credit for workouts completed on iFit enabled fitness equipment, automatically tracking steps taken without wearing the wearable.
- Consumer sleep data is logged automatically with the iFit Vue wearable or manually.
- Using smart software, iFit Coach automatically wakes the consumer at the optimum time each day in the lightest sleep cycle segment.
- Based on quality and quantity of sleep, automatic adjustments are made to the next day’s Exercise, Nutrition and Activity recommendations.
- Coming in Spring 2017, Sleep will connect through NordicTrack mattresses and specialized sleep sensors powered by iFit Coach.
Membership options for the iFit Coach™ mobile experience range from $9 a month for a two-year membership to $15 a month for daily coaching — a steal compared to the costs of hiring a coaching team of a personal trainer, registered dietitian, sleep counselor and running coach.
The iFit Coach™ mobile app is available on the App Store and Google Play for iOS and Android devices.
Follow @iFit on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and iFit.com online. iFit® technology is a registered trademark of ICON Health & Fitness, the world’s leading fitness innovator, based in Logan, Utah.
ICON Health & Fitness
Colleen Logan, 435-757-4601
(c)2016 Business Wire, Inc. – All rights reserved.