*New program provides forum for employer-led, consumer-centered health transformation
*Promotes dialogue on how employers can “bend trend, curb cost and bust distrust”
NEW YORK–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Mercer, a global consulting leader in advancing health, wealth and career and HLTH, the world’s largest conference for health innovation, today announced the first of its kind “Employer Program” for the 2019 HLTH event, October 27-30 in Las Vegas. The new Employer Program fosters collaboration among employers as well as payers, providers, pharma services, government, academia, health associations/business groups, consultants, disruptive digital health innovators, startups and investors. This collaboration will help push boundaries and drive real sustainable change across the health ecosystem.
The HLTH Employer Program includes six track sessions on critical issues and trends:
- “You’re Unique … Shouldn’t Your Benefits Be?” featuring FIS, Ellucian, Activision Blizzard and Premise Health.
- “No Wage Left Behind: Health Solutions for All” featuring Allina Health, Bright Horizons, Kaiser Permanente and Limeade.
- “The ABCs of Healthcare Technology” featuring Google, IBM, City of Hope, and metaMe.
- “What Will They Think of Next in DC?” featuring Mercer, US Chamber of Commerce and Capital Alpha Partners.
- “Locally Grown Health Strategies” featuring Walmart, Crossover Health and Comcast NBCUniversal.
- “Time’s Up on Ignoring Mental Health at Work” featuring Mercer, Citi and Seyfarth Shaw LLP.
Other HLTH Employer Program highlights:
- Mercer Employer Lounge that provides a location for employers to connect with peers, exchange ideas, and co-create with invited partners in a relaxed setting.
- Mercer Innovation Kiosks throughout the conference venue for employers to explore and identify innovative employer/employee-focused solutions to improve healthcare experience, outcomes, and costs.
- Mercer HACK/HLTH Challenge invites passionate developers, designers, and entrepreneurs to “find a better way” to use data to predict personalized health care needs, drive people to smarter health decisions and invest in their own health.
- Mercer Vitals for Change Scorecard1 results, showing employer progress on innovation initiatives to pay for value, drive to quality, personalize health, and embrace disruption.
“Employer-sponsored health plans cover more than 180 million people2 in the US, giving employers the tremendous responsibility and the enormous opportunity to positively impact health,” said Jonathan Weiner, Founder, Chairman, and CEO of HLTH. “Mercer is at the forefront of identifying innovations that result in increased employee engagement in diagnosing, monitoring and managing their health. We are excited to collaborate with Mercer in shaping the Employer Program content and experience at HLTH.”
“The Employer Program co-created by Mercer and HLTH is all about employer-led, consumer-centric health innovation,” said Sharon Cunninghis, Mercer’s US Health leader. “By actively engaging with key stakeholders across the health ecosystem along with all of the other HLTH offerings, employers can create the future of health.”
HLTH takes place October 27-30, 2019 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Employers can register here or attend for free through the Hosted Buyer Program, a curated networking event. Members of the media are also encouraged to attend and can register here.
Mercer delivers advice and technology-driven solutions that help organizations meet the health, wealth and career needs of a changing workforce. Mercer’s more than 25,000 employees are based in 44 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a business of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE:MMC), the world’s leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people with 76,000 colleagues and annualized revenue approaching $17 billion. Through its market-leading businesses including Marsh, Guy Carpenter and Oliver Wyman, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. For more information, visit www.mercer.com. Follow Mercer on Twitter @Mercer.
HLTH is the leading event for innovation in the health industry. It’s an unprecedented, large-scale forum for individuals, companies, and policymakers who are reshaping the health industry to learn, collaborate and evolve. The event is unique in bringing together all key stakeholders, ranging from established payers, providers, employers, and pharma services to disruptive startups and prolific investors, as well as representatives from government, academia, health associations and business groups, media, and industry analysts. By leading the development of a new dialogue and ecosystem, HLTH’s mission is to drive substantial reductions in health costs and dramatic increases in health quality. HLTH takes place on October 27-30, 2019 at the MGM Grand’s brand new conference facility.
1 in conjunction with Catalyst for Payment Reform
2 US Census Bureau, “Health Insurance Coverage in the United States: 2017
+1 212 345 0553