Ahead of National Signing Day, On-Demand Athlete Marketplace Forecasts Earning Potential for 2021 Recruiting Class
DENVER–(BUSINESS WIRE)–While the push for college athletes to pursue earning opportunities off their name, image and likeness (NIL) progresses, Icon Source, a digital marketplace that connects brands with professional and college athletes, shares its list of top potential earners for the incoming freshmen class.
The top potential earners list was created based on the athlete’s social media following and athletic prowess. Once the NIL laws come into effect, as early July 2021, the below athletes are in prime position to take advantage of their status as rising collegiate sports stars:
- Georgetown University basketball commit Aminu Mohammed has more than 11,000 Instagram followers. Commanding top dollar from his NIL next fall could be a lay-up for this impressive shooting guard.
- With a combined Twitter and Instagram following of more than 18,000, Eugine Ashley High School’s guard Saniya Rivers is a no-doubter when it comes to profiting off her NIL while playing for the South Carolina Game Cocks next year.
- With 42,000 Instagram followers, Centennial High School defensive end Korey Foreman will have no trouble creating a side hustle while also making tackles for the University of Southern California Trojans next year.
- USA Gymnastics athlete and 2019 World team champion, Sunsia Lee has medaled her way to nearly 90,000 Instagram and 8,500 Twitter followers. The Auburn commit has the potential to flip her NIL for cash next year while competing with Tigers.
- Outstanding playmaker, Azzi Fudd will bring her more than 152,000 Instagram followers with her on campus next year as she laces up for the University of Connecticut. This impressive young athlete is poised to earn some extra spending money off her NIL while dribbling for the Huskies.
- 2020 All American Classic baseball player, Brady House has earned nearly 13,000 followers while roping the baseball for Winder-Barrow High School. The standout athlete has impressive NIL earning potential while he steps up to the plate for the Tennessee Volunteers next year.
- Dual-threat quarterback, Brock Vandagriff has thrown his way to more than 40,000 Instagram and Twitter followers. While competing for the University of Georgia Bulldogs next year, he’ll already have the playbook to earn extra income.
- Gymnastics star, Sage Thompson has nearly 20,000 YouTube subscribers. The Lehi, Utah native is committed to the University of Utah next year and is in prime position to take advantage of her impressive NIL potential while competing at the collegiate level.
“The 2021 recruiting class is in the unique position to be the first to capitalize on their NIL throughout their college career,” shares Chase Garrett, founder and CEO of Icon Source. “While schools, fans and the media anxiously await for these athletes to make their college decisions, I’m most excited for their earning potential, something that is well deserved for these athletes that already have a head start building their brand. At Icon Source, we’re excited to work with future college stars to further leverage their personal brand and help them earn money in a secure and trusted marketplace.”
Today, Icon Source is the only full-service platform equipped to handle all marketing opportunities for college athletes with its integrated tracking and reporting capabilities to allow the monitoring of opportunities by coaches, school compliance officers and the NCAA. Contracts, payments and all communication can be carefully monitored and customized for each individual athlete or university looking to use the platform. Icon Source’s contract wizard develops contracts specifically with the intention of protecting young athletes while adopting any rules or regulations set by the NCAA.
About Icon Source
Icon Source is a digital marketplace that brings agents, athletes and brands together. The Denver-based startup is the only platform that provides brands of all sizes direct communication with agents, eliminating unnecessary intermediate steps to engage with a professional athlete. Its proprietary AI technology pairs athletes and brands based on social audience demographics. For additional information and to create a free account, visit www.iconsource.com.
(404) 214-0722 Ext. 114